Although the Harry Potter movies aren't true classics yet, they are bound to become classic films. J.K. Rowling tells great stories with a dose of philosophy and morality.
1. Tell the Truth. But be cautious in who you tell and how you tell it.
2. Reflect on Your Choices. Dumbledore has said that the importance of your choices is that they can show who you truly are and that your choices can determine your character over the long term.
3. Life Can Be Unfair. Many times Harry and his friends are treated unfairly, unkindly or disrepectfully by others such as the Dursleys, Snape, Malfoy, Umbridge and others. Like Harry, don't give up when you are treated unfairly.
4. Relationships Take Work. Relationships require courage, trust, loyalty and sometimes sacrifice. You have to learn patience and wisdom as you deal with prejudice, death, greed, and other negative experiences.
5. Friends Are Important. Everyone needs friends in their lives. However, you may find that you will need to expect the best and prepare for the worst in dealing with your friends. Every friendship will have its ups and downs. You need to be willing to work for the good of your friendship, and to make up after you have a disagreement.
6. Achieve Your Goals. Goals can only be achieved by hard work, determination, and practice. Act on your problems and issues instead of just reacting to them.
7. Have Courage. It takes courage to stand up to your enemies and to your friends, too, along with dealing with your fears. When you face up to your fears, it will help you identify, overcome, or transform them.
8. Ignore First Impressions. You need to move past any first impressions you have of folks and realize and accept that some people are great, and some are awful.
9. Give Second Chances. Everyone needs second chances in their lives.
10. The Power of Love. Love is key to your personal power. You can be protected forever by the deep love you have for one another.
11. Dealing With Your Feelings. hiding your feelings doesn't make them go away.
12. Coping With Change. Change can be a positive force in your life.
13.Develop Your Gifts. You empower yourself when you discover and develop your own special gifts.
14. Have a Sense of Humor. Don't take yourself too seriously.
15. Increase Wonder. Be aware of and increase your sense of wonder in the world around you.